[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shepherds in the UK

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:26:04 -0800

Thank you Peggy for bring this to our attention....

It is unfortunate that this rift has happened between the Registry and
the breed club, or that is how I understood it. For it becomes a
perfect opportunity for the AR people to 'Prod the Lion' so to speak
and create further confusion and conflict. I suppose they do not care
what happens here as long as the rift creates separation and further
opening for their agenda. I am sure they would love to see the sport
entirely gone, regardless of the issues of the health of the breed.

What flashed into my mind was the potential for that same scenario to
come to America. We are already facing the AR attack in political
jurisdictions all over the land and if we allow this sort of thing
into our sport relationships', we are doomed. We already have a
pattern of diminished registrations and entries, and are fighting to
maintain a solid front between GSDCA and WDA in the frontal attack of
UScA wanting to be the American GSD Breed Club to the USWV. We cannot
allow our relationship with AKC to come to this same point as it has
overseas.

I would love to see our new board take positive action with AKC to
understand the dynamics of what is happening over their and to avoid
it. Our commitment together, GSDCA, WDA and AKC is vital at this
juncture in history.

And as Jimmy Cagey said, "That's all I have to say about that!"
Dave