[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shepherd needs help

  • From: Arlene Henderson <gsdhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:15:16 -0800 (PST)

   I want to tell you of a German Shepherd in need at the Washington County
Humane Society just south of Pittsburgh, Pa. I went out yesterday to check him
out and he is a beauty! Pure bred, young sable, beautiful strong head and ears,
good size and weight, great temperament, and neutered. No background or breeder
because he was found tied to their van when they opened on Sat. morning.
   Only problem I can see is he is UNTRAINED. I walked him(very strong) and it
was difficult to work with him because he was totally distracted by the dogs,
noise, smells, etc. Finally managed to get him to sit several times(liver
helped). I feel he would make a good service dog or even a family pet but he
needs lots of training and he won't get it there. They have no "quiet place" to
work. I'm afraid he'll never be adoped as he is now and at some point he will
be put down because they are filled to capacity.
   If anyone could foster and train, I would be willing to pick up and deliver.
He has a lot of potential, he showed no resentment to corrections, greeted
everyone with tail wagging and wanted to jump up to say Hi. He is a product of
his upbringing and deserves a chance to live. Please contact me is you can help
or if you know of anyone who can.
                        Thanks,
                            Arlene Henderson
                             gsdhouse@xxxxxxxxx