[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sheltie/Anonymous

  • From: "BlackHawk Farms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:13:25 -0800

I have had dealings with an exhibitor a few years back over a Kerry Blue
Terrier just before the Hatboro, Devon and Montgomery Country shows. They sent
an "anonymous" email to the breed judge pretty much slamming my kerry specials
and me. The letter went on to state to the judge that since we were friends,
she needed to tell all about it. Stated things like I I never judged a horse
show,  the dog was in terrible condition and so on (mind you, this person did
realize that the entire kerry consituency in Northern California had their
hands on the dog the week before at Sir Francis Drake where he won the breed
under Mike Billings!).
I called my computer tech guy and said, "find out who this is". People think
because they send an email from yahoo or gmail or hotmail it is untraceable. He
(the tech) proceeded to procure the IP address from the "anonymous" email, he
also found the city and state it came from. He then gave me the information,
and said to try to get an email from their "real email" and he did something
called a "ping-tracing" of the pathways of all incoming email and lo and behold
he got a match of the kerry breeder in Southern California.  My computer tech
guy loves doing stuff like this, so it was more of a quest for him.

The judge turned it in to AKC and I turned in the information. I dont know what
became of it, but image that persons surprise when....guess what? I didnt show
that dog on that weekend, I showed the new kerry bitch from Russia and the dog
from Italy as my specials!!!. Little did they realize that if they knew the
judge a little more, those type of tactics dont work on that person! I wasnt
showing the dog they slammed and that person ended up looking like a GD Fool.

All that wasted effort for nothing.