[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Shelters and Rescues in Hurricane Areas

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:28:15 EDT

The Humane Society in Beaumont Texas has taken in over 100 dogs and  other
animals  from the hurricane areas that have been abandoned and  asked the
Beaumont KC for support, who in turned also asked us, GSDC of  Beaumont for
help.
I have contacted the feed store I buy food  from who have taken several bags
of dog food and cat food to the  shelter.  We have bought and taken some food
in also and John is  contacting local businesses for support.  The ones that
have come our  way, so far we are managing to assist with.   Anyone in the
Beaumont area wishing to assist, contact the Human Society direct and they
will
tell you what their further needs are. Anyone wishing to send  financial
support can send to myself, care of the GSDC of Beaumont  earmarked for
assistance
to hurricane animals in our area.
Contact me privately for address.   Thank you.
Molly Snider
Secretary, GSDC of  Beaumont