[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sheep Help!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: CHSweetSun@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:09:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2007 7:55:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxx writes:
HI,
I'm trying to convince my husband that I NEED 2 sheep.? We have  the
property, as well as the area all figured out and fenced in, even.? I  would
love to
bring that aspect to my training program as?I found out my 2  dogs are great
herders, but, Karl feels that Sheep are 1) Noisy,? 2) Stinky,  and 3) Alot of
Work-I know they are work, but "Alot" would be >2 hours a  day?.? We found the
Perfect Sheep as they are born with Anatolian Shepherds  and are Very Dog
oriented.? Anyone willing to help me out?

Tari Kridler

2 sheep?  Gosh, you need more than 2 if you are going to work  dogs lol <G>.

BTW, I take your husband's side on  this.  Anything with hoofs,  (i.e.
horses) I'd rather pay board than have them where I live and as  expensive as
herding can be for the travel and time with sheepies, I think the  cost comes
out
cheap when you think of the space, care, occasional vet bills and  overall
nuisance involved.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds