[ SHOWGSD-L ] She was just a dog!

  • From: Frankshep@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:59:16 EDT

She was just a dog!

How many times have we all heard that comment from those who  donâ??t quite
understand the relationship and bond between a dog and its  owner?
On paper, that â??dogâ?? was Tempestâ??s Tequila Sunrise.  Officially she has
her
DL # and anyone with access to records knows that she was  out of Ch. Libertyâ??
s Moâ?? Money and Ch. Tempestâ??s Eternity by C.K. ROM. But in no  way does
that
tell you who she really was.
Here is how I would explain who â??Sunnyâ?? was!
Sunny was that one puppy that caught your eye. Either she had  the â??lookâ??
or
she was the one in the litter that was begging you to keep  her.
Sunny was the icebreaker that helped us develop the  friendships that grew
from evaluating other dogs and eventually making the  decision to choose a stud
dog.
Sunny was the one dog that was the excuse for calling any one  of your dog
friends just to talk about her. And as usual, once on the phone it  eventually
leads to priceless conversations (and now email exchanges) just  talking about
dogs.
Sunny was the one dog weâ??ve all owned that, despite her lack  of success in
the show ring, really was â??Grand Victrixâ?? material. It was just a  shame
that
the judges and others never quite saw her in the same light as you  and your
close circle of friends.
Sunny was the ambassador for our kennel, Tempest German  Shepherds, that we
proudly paraded out every time a dog friend or potential  puppy buyer would
come over to visit. EVEN IF SHE WASNâ??T THE MOTHER OF THE  LITTER!
Sunny was the reason we looked forward to getting out to the  shows just
knowing that you were going to get the chance to see the most recent
â??greatestâ??
dogs of our breed. You also knew you would run into people that you  equally
enjoy just saying hello to and catching up on their lives. OH AND BY THE  WAY,
YOU JUST HAD TO GET SUNNY OUT OR AT THE VERY LEAST BRAG ABOUT HOW SHE WAS
DOING!
Sunny was the â??bridgeâ?? that was crossed when our children got  to be too
old
to share the same level of interest in the dogs. Her lead was  handed off by
my daughter to my granddaughter who now proudly gaited her around  the yard
for everyone to see.
Sunny was the one that was there for anyone and everyone  (especially me) who
needed cheering up or someone to just escape with from all  of the whirlwind
we encounter every day (both good and bad).
Sunny is now the reason I needed to put this in writing and  capture what she
has meant to us. I donâ??t ever want to lose that feeling that I  had when she
was around. In the spring of 2008, Sunny turned 13 years old. How  quickly
things turn. Early this morning was that one trip to the vet that no one  ever
wants to make. That decision that needs to be made when it is obvious that
someone now wants to enjoy Sunny as much as we did for nearly 13 ½ years.
Sunny
is now gone, but not forgotten. What she has left us with is Don and  Ingrid,
Gene and Sharon, Randy and Peggy, Sue and George, Jack and Char, Joe and
Leslie, Carol, Birgit, Terry Hower, Bart and Cindy, Bob and Diane, Sandy
Dancosse, Tom Castriota, Darnell, and many many more people who we would never
have
met if it werenâ??t for â??that dogâ??.
My only hope is that at least one of those who have  left us will make sure
Sunny is alright today when she arrives in her new home.  I trust someone out
there will recognize what value she will bring to their  lives and give back to
her what she has given  us

deal here.