[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sharing bloat/torsion information

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:11:28 -0500 (EST)

Well, been there.  After someone who professes to LOVE Dexter went  around
telling people he torsioned, we were put on the spotlight. Dexter in fact
did not torsion, he did have surgery to remove a blockage in his intestine,
courtesy of an action figure that belong to the kids next door. Not sure if
it  was Batman, but that's what the remains looked like.

This "loving" person never talked to us. This person only heard  Dexter
had surgery, so obviously it had to be torsion.  That was in  July, a couple
of years ago, and he went Select that following September. He was  cleared to
get back to road working and training after 17 days, although he  had to
stay on a different diet, that was gentler on his intestines, for 3  months.

Imagine the face on this "loving" person when confronted.  I have no
tolerance for BS.

We have had dogs that have bloated/torsioned. We know what to look for, and
 after watching the pain my children went thru after losing their loving
pets, there is no way I could knowingly breed an animal that has produced
this  condition. But it takes two.  So if a dog dies of this condition, and
progeny dies of this condition, and littermates dies of this condition, I
don't  need a genetic study to tell me this is a dog to avoid. Its called
common
 sense.

But who cares??  A top winning dog producing mega/torsion/thyroid and  DM
issues will be a top producer because the puppies sell.   That's seems to be
where we are, disgustingly.  And yes, I believe these  four to be the
biggest problems. Strictly speaking of health.

Don't believe everything you hear. Sometimes is just BS. Sometimes is
jealousy. Sometimes in competition.  Speak to the owners and consider the
source (or sources).

Ileana

In a message dated 1/23/2012 8:41:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  I don't share your concern re honest breeders.  Maybe I just hang with
> a group of really ethical folks but when I have asked the right
> questions, I've gotten the right (and brutally honest)  answers.
I'm glad you have, but then again I didn't mention honest  breeders(which
we seem to have so few of) and you are located in the hot  bed of
mis-information.

> The trouble as I see it is that some  people don't ask.

Ahh yes, this is so true.

So a followup,  what would you tell someone interested in breeding to
your  dog?

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

showgsd.org/mail.html