[ SHOWGSD-L ] Shared Information

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:54:39 -0500

I'm a morning person and seeing a very GALLANT post here with,
as mentioned in the subject, KNOWLEDGE!  It is also, as my
subject reflects, SHARED INFORMATION.  It's refreshing to see
someone who doesn't "take the 5th" since there's no reason to do so.
Silly me, as I sipped my coffee this AM, I giggled at a thought I
had concerning OUR subjects.   Now, how many other common
interest groups would have in the subject line "Eating Poop"?   Having
seen so many assist in this poopie subject, it made me SMILE..

The Pee Pee subject as well is also normal    (tho you know I'm NOT)
could be P.P or P olitical    P loy -- MAYBE -- causing conflict in more
ways than one!   The one I've always wanted removed in our sport but
is quite common ---  conflict of INTEREST.   Where is your initial value
and/or interest if you do things that are in conflict of each other?
What should come first and what should be halted?

Breeder;  Exhibitor;  Handler;   JUDGE.  I've always felt that a person
needs to have some time (age) under his/her belt of showing their
KNOWLEDGE of our breed in depth, and retires from breeding and/or
exhibiting and/or handling when becoming a JUDGE.  This requirement,
I think, would remove so many clouded win/lose situations for our dogs.
And, of course - isn't it  "All about the DOGS" ??          Ahem
I didn't do it, but an  m  could easily be put after that A.
           JMHO         Ok, I'll go "GEAUX"   (for now)        Norma no L

P.S.  Please forgive me, BUT, the best show dogs I bred were done
         in co-breedings with several judges.   They knew far more and
         had more connections than I ever would.  I also purchased a few
         males, sired by some top winners of top breeders/judges/handlers..
Sorry, but sometimes it's all that is available due to the name of the game,
I guess, or -- Aha -- the NAME of the   ----