[ SHOWGSD-L ] Settlement.....the problem?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <israelfriedberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "carolyn mckenna" <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>, "Tish Walker" <TISHW@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:15:01 -0700

From: Robert Neiman
Part of the problem. Agree or not there must be a reason  (legal or otherwise)
as to why it hasn't been settled
yet.  Keep in mind that it takes a majority vote to settle or not apparently
the majority (this has gone thru 3 Pres
and  3 Boards)have said no to settling it. I guess we'll just have to wait and
see. In the meantime we'll continue
TO BEAT IT TO DEATH     Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.

OK.....I know I'll be sorry I got into this...... but........ah well........
All the rhetoric that has gone on in the last week or so.... if we really pay
attention... .. started because of another
'closed session'......which always leads to wild speculation and innuendos.
*   The Board should be aware that closed sessions will always bring this out
in the members.    Always has.
Often the closed session has absolutely nothing to do with what the curious
members think...or choose to think.
Possibly the Board could give a reason....i.e  'sensitive matter regarding a
member'.....Award recipients....etc.
Just a suggestion.....( maybe it wasn't necessary in the past...but this is the
day of the Internet....and a lawsuit. )
.<G>
*  Next.......we need to remember WHY this Club has lost it's self respect and
credibility over the last few years
as Carolyn McKenna has stated.
*  Mainly it was because the Board at that time voted to accept the membership
of someone that needed a
BACKHOE to bury the dead dog bodies in trenches on his property from his
"business"........and stated
that he finally was able to purchase his own private cremation tower to dispose
of bodies.
This decision to accept this membership  by that Board caused a huge
backlash....huge problems, and lots of
money and lots of in-fighting and dishonor and  lack of respect for & within
this Club!!    It was a serious mistake!!
*
It is time to clean it up!!
*
* We have a person that ended up suing that Board and Executive
Committee....partly because of many of
the closed sessions, expensive results and actions resulting from that decision
to accept that membership.
That person may have failed on some of her duties ( for whatever reason )
....but before that time, was the
Recording Secretary which is a huge job.... for a few terms... was a member of
this Club,  and cared about the
Club,  this List...her  dogs.....etc.     Not a perfect person.......but to my
knowledge never abused a dog,  buried
hundreds of dog bodies with a backhoe,  transported them in semi's,  drugged a
dog,  screwed another member
on a dog sale,  dyed a dig,  cheated on an entry nor cheated at a show,  nor
kept her dogs in unfit conditions.
*  For whatever reason......the Board continues to not allow this person to
re-new her membership and agree
to settle the current lawsuit  ......and thus........KEEPS OUR OWN STUPIDITY
before the Public eye!!
A few of them are the same  Board that voted FOR ..........ta da.......
'Backhoe Man'  ..........
HHMMMmmmmmmm........??
I  just don't 'get it'......and ..we continue to look like fools over this
issue...and are still fighting over closed sessions.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

 From: carolyn mckenna Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Missing the point !!!!It is
most likely coming
 from the same ol' same ol' , who simply want control;therefore, anything not
in their sphere is of no value whatsoever. If the board
,the members, the dedicated of this club do not deign to work together
verysoon, there willbe no "2013". The club will be dead in the water. We have
in the past ten years gone from a respected club with one of the largest
breedmemberships and one of the largest nationals to literally a joke among
otherclubs. Why ? Simple .....infighting, dishonesty, mistrust (deservedly or
not)and the other myriad dysfunctions to which this club has sunk has brought
only disdain. We need to work together in every aspect if we are to bring
about a recovery  of our former position as the most respected club in
thecountry.  Carolyn McKenna

From: TISHW@xxxxxxx <TISHW@xxxxxxx>
I don't know where all this misinformation is coming from but we are not
several hundreds of thousands of dollars in the red.
We are trying to control expenses carefully.    Tish