[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Setting Up Dogs

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:36:22 -0400

If you watch any breed of dog self stack itself, it almost never stops in a
true square stance.? Of course, I am not saying the ones who have been trained
to do so.? One of the hind legs is slightly ahead of the other one when they
are running around the yard, and come to?a stop.
To me, I would think that stopping and stamding with a "kickstand" is more
natural and comfortable for the dog.

Try watching how cats stand naturally, especially when they are watching
something.? I love it when my cats stand like GSDs.

B Hively