[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Serious, serious thoughts . . . about DM

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: tanksr@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:48:10 -0500 (EST)

I am so sorry Penny.   I know how much Forest meant to you.

DM -  We explain to our puppy buyers that the test is actually in its infancy
stages with the GSD, and was develped for another breed.  That for now, it is
all we have, and we (us) utilize the information to the best of our ability.
We tell them that test results have been proven wrong in several cases out
there,  and that we cannot guarantee their pups will or will not ever develope
DM.

To our surprise, 100% of our puppy buyers have researched DM, from the link on
our website, and realize it is not a 100% guarantee to just breed clear animals.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd