[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Serious Question

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:37:16 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2005 10:54:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ed,  I grew up in San Diego.  Lots of murders, crime and I  was limited on
the
numbers of dogs I could own.  I live in Wyoming  where no one cares about
my numbers on dogs, I never lock my house even  when we are gone on
vacation.  Heck, not even sure where the keys  are.  My traffic jams involve
Elk, Deer, Moose and  cattledrives.  If I break down in my car I know
someone will stop to  help me if not take me home.  Yeah, it's cold and
miserable but we  have plenty of shot guns, 4 wheel drives and a country girl
can  survive!  I have 2 freezers full of plenty of meat from wild game, my
wood stove my lined bib overalls and wouldn't have it any other way.

CandyZ

I love the seasons, all 4 of them.  I have 360 degrees of  unobstructed,
beautiful wooded views from "my hill", and the sun on a few inches  of snow,
the
green pines and crystal clear blue skies today are absolutely  breathtaking.
The quiet brilliance of winter, the anticipation of spring,  the hazy slumber
of summer, glorious Indian summer days followed by bursts of  color more vivid
than any artist could imagine; each are treasured by me.   The seasonal
produce, fresh tomatoes still warm, corn so sweet you don't need to  put
anything on
it, all grown within a few miles of the house, winter squash to  be added to
a nice stew, berry branches and pine cones to be gathered now and  added to
Christmas decorations; all mark the seasons.  Even on a gray  day when rain or
mist rises through the trees and obstructs the valley I  feel closed off and
shrouded in privacy and peacefulness (and those are the  evenings, when, IF the
sun breaks through, you get the most beautiful  sunsets!)

I could NEVER live anyplace without the seasons:)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_