[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review/Paula's dog

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:11:52 EDT

I have to say I agree w/ Paula on this one. There are a dozen reasons  to
place an ad.

Not everyone is looking to solicit bitches for a stud dog.   (Gasp!)

I know in the past I've put something in when a dog/bitch has finished
and/or for a popular stud, to highlight progeny and/or in the performance
edition and/or to say "thanks" to a handler/team/judges and/or when a dog has
passed.  (These days I send extra to rescue for the  later).

The issue before the national is a big one because people want to create a
buzz for the national.  That's fine.

For anybody that wants  4-generation pedigrees, they're on line.   If
someone is interested in a particular line, what's 5 minutes spent on  line???
Come to think of it, I don't even have 4 generation pedigrees on  my web
page.  Why????  Because I'm not soliciting something for the  boys to do!
Guess
what?  For all of you who want to...God bless  you...not everybody does,
lol.

And in the meantime, I'm not sure it's the job of someone who wants to brag
 on a dog to spoon feed info.

In fact, I don't even keep old magazines.  I'm not one for clutter and
when there is a record of something right at my fingertips, why would I want to
 keep something that needs dusting?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 9/19/2009 1:19:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  an idea!!
I will put a twenty page ad in the Review with Harley's  pedigree going all
the way back to Horand von Grafrath S.V. 1 (he has quite a  few lines back
to him) and all you sweet, wonderful, supportive critics can  pay the bill!!
 Is color ok, or is that too expensive for  ya'll???
I'll have Susan call you for your credit card numbers,  ok??

Paula, 24 days and counting