[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:39:51 -0700

Cut it out, Paula. I guess our peaceful days are over.
Lee F.

From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:52:26 -0400

I agree with your comments on this thread.  It used to take me a long time
to go through my Reviews from the 80's.  I enjoyed the smaller format, too.
The newer ones today are pretty but just don't have much to them.  I showed
one to a friend recently who used to be a member and she was shocked at the
thinness of it!

Linda Hendrix

St. James Shepherds

Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels

Goose Creek, SC

> From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx

> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:35:07 -0400

> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

> To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> wow.

> been reading this thread with interest and have to agree 110% with ann.

> granted, reciting or regurgitating pedigrees without understanding them is

> useless. BUT, if you have been a breeder, if you currently breed, if you

> think about breeding in the future, there is nothing more important than
the

> pedigree.

> i, too, miss the old reviews. they seem to have been geared more toward

> the breeder/exhibitor and had more "meat" to them. today's review is very

> pretty but lacks substance. how many of you remember when the review was
at

> least a week's project ... reading, studying, etc.? sad to say, it isn't

> much more than a 15 minute break now.

> jmo,

> diane

> Diane Silver-Strasser

> Silstra German Shepherds

> http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

> In a message dated 9/18/2009 7:53:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

> pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Not to me. I could care less. It serves me no purpose whatsoever. I

> doubt that I am alone.

> I am not going to pay good, devalued US currency to appease a few people's

> curiosity when they can spend a few minutes of their own perceived

> valuable time and get all the info that their little hearts desire,
whether to