[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:52:26 -0400

I agree with your comments on this thread.  It used to take me a long time to
go through my Reviews from the 80's.  I enjoyed the smaller format, too.  The
newer ones today are pretty but just don't have much to them.  I showed one to
a friend recently who used to be a member and she was shocked at the thinness
of it!

Linda Hendrix

St. James Shepherds

Lin Chi Tibetan Spaniels

Goose Creek, SC

> From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:35:07 -0400
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review
> To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> wow.
>
> been reading this thread with interest and have to agree 110% with ann.
> granted, reciting or regurgitating pedigrees without understanding them is
> useless. BUT, if you have been a breeder, if you currently breed, if you
> think about breeding in the future, there is nothing more important than the
> pedigree.
>
> i, too, miss the old reviews. they seem to have been geared more toward
> the breeder/exhibitor and had more "meat" to them. today's review is very
> pretty but lacks substance. how many of you remember when the review was at
> least a week's project ... reading, studying, etc.? sad to say, it isn't
> much more than a 15 minute break now.
> jmo,
> diane
>
> Diane Silver-Strasser
> Silstra German Shepherds
> http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com
>
> In a message dated 9/18/2009 7:53:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Not to me. I could care less. It serves me no purpose whatsoever. I
> doubt that I am alone.
>
> I am not going to pay good, devalued US currency to appease a few people's
> curiosity when they can spend a few minutes of their own perceived
> valuable time and get all the info that their little hearts desire, whether
> denigrate other dogs or not.
>
> In the "old days," the Review printed a dog's pic and pedigree for free
> when the dog finished. If the GSDCA doesn't care to support exhibitors in
> that small way anymore, why should I support breeders??
>
> Paula, 24 days and counting

Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital
tv's.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=digital+tv's&form=MSHNCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHNCB_Vertical_Shopping_DigitalTVs_1x1