[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:57:34 -0400

Well, I want it all!  I want pretty pictures, but I want stuff of substance
too.  The old Reviews are a fantastic learning resource.  And, yes, there *are*
still some newbies who want to study pedigrees and learn more about the dogs
that are *behind* the dogs of today.  <G>

I'm fortunate enough to know successful people in the Breed who have been
around a while and are willing to discuss pedigrees.  These are people who look
beyond the first 3 generations of a pedigree.  Not every newcomer is so lucky
as to have these resources.

I think the idea of having interviews in the Review is a fantastic idea!  They
are a great learning tool for us newbies.  That's if the interviewees will be
honest in their answers.  I love the interviews in the old Reviews and GSD
Quarterlies.  Most of the breeders interviewed were very candid.  They
described not only their successes in breeding and showing, but also their
failures.  That's what made these interviews so interesting.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam