[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:35:11 GMT

What part(s) of my posts didn't you understand?

To restate, and hopefully simplify it for you, if anyone was truly honest with
themselves, they would admit----it is ALL an ego trip!!!

I love my dog; I am proud of him; I am proud of the people who supported me in
my quest; I am proud of the judges he won under and wanted to give them praise
and recognition, as well as thanks; I am thankful to my handlers (I am pretty
sure it says that in the ad), I adore my co-owners.....they have given me so
much to be thankful for.  They are all a part of my BIG, EGO-TRIP of a BRAG!!!
 Where does it say I have to be selling ANYTHING????

I am not a breeder.  I am forever indebted to the breeders that make dogs that
I own and show possible, but, I am not a part of that world and do not see why
this is such a problem for some of you.

If you like my dog, talk to me about it; if you don't like my dog, you can talk
to me about it, or not, but, I fail to see why any so-called reputable breeder
would publicly imply that there is anything at all wrong with him when I chose
not to word my ad in a way they approve, or don't approve, of!!  How rude is
that??

Several years ago, I told a wonderful lady, and her husband, that I wanted a
CHAMPION.  I do NOT want to breed dogs.  They gave me the beautiful Diana, whom
I finished and put working titles on, then they gave me Harley, whom I
finished, put a working title on, and am still having a BALL with.  What do
other people get out of denigrating him and my joy in him??

I am sorry I'm not as thick-skinned as some of you seem to think is necessary,
but, take a look at your attitudes and maybe you will start to understand why
many people drop out of this game.  Over the past 30-some years, I have seen
many good, caring, people come and go...........many leaving with tears in
their eyes.

Paula, 24 days and counting

From: Paula Cooke <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review
To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 18, 2009, 10:51 AM

Not to me.  I could care less.  It serves me no purpose whatsoever.  I doubt
that I am alone.

I am not going to pay good, devalued US currency to appease a few people's
curiosity when they can spend a few minutes of their own perceived valuable
time and get all the info that their little hearts desire, whether to denigrate
other dogs or not.

In the "old days," the Review printed a dog's pic and pedigree for free when
the dog finished.  If the GSDCA doesn't care to support exhibitors in that
small way anymore, why should I support breeders??

Paula, 24 days and counting