[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lealynn@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:44:54 -0500

I am one of the people that inherited some wonderful old Reviews from the
1960's.. As a long time dog person, the best way to review a breed is to go
back to the past and see how the breed has progressed. I was able to see photos
of Lance, lots and lots of Lance kids, other Fran Jo dogs that are in various
pedigrees, Mike, Big Boy, Gilligan, Reno, and so on. It has allowed for me to
understand "type" in GSDs and understand pedigrees as well.

One may not think it important to include sire and dam, but it is to other
folks...

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

> From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:17:44 -0400
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review
> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> In a message dated 9/18/2009 7:53:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Not to me. I could care less. It serves me no purpose whatsoever.
>
> I see the Review as not only a current events magazine, but as a
> documentation of the history of our Breed. 60 years from now ( and yes, I
> have
> Reviews dating back to the 40s) someone ( and it might be a newbie who was
> lucky enough to get past Reviews handed down to them) will look at the Sept.
> Review and see your ad and wonder who that fantastic, sound, terrific,
> wonderful, exciting dog's grandmother was. <G>
> See you in Ohio~!!
>

> Liz
Bing brings you health info from trusted sources.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=pet+allergy&form=MHEINA&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MHEINA_Health_Health_PetAllergy_1x1