[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:35:07 EDT

wow.

been reading this thread with interest and have to agree 110% with  ann.
granted, reciting or regurgitating pedigrees without understanding  them is
useless.  BUT, if you have been a breeder, if you  currently breed, if you
think about breeding in the future, there is  nothing more important than the
pedigree.

i, too, miss the old reviews.  they seem to have been geared more  toward
the breeder/exhibitor and had more "meat" to them.  today's review  is very
pretty but lacks substance.  how many of you remember when the  review was at
least a week's project ...  reading, studying, etc.?   sad to say, it isn't
much more than a 15 minute break now.
jmo,
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 9/18/2009 7:53:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Not to  me.  I could care less.  It serves me no purpose whatsoever.  I
doubt that I am alone.

I am not going to pay good, devalued US currency  to appease a few people's
curiosity when they can spend a few minutes of their  own perceived
valuable time and get all the info that their little hearts  desire, whether to
denigrate other dogs or not.

In the "old days," the  Review printed a dog's pic and pedigree for free
when the dog finished.   If the GSDCA doesn't care to support exhibitors in
that small way anymore, why  should I support breeders??

Paula, 24 days and  counting