[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sept Review

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx, MidniteGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:17:58 EDT

No Collette,
Sadly we are talking about the July Review.  I realize it has it  issues,
pardon the pun but for the price and the TWO month leadtime on ads, it  is out
dated before it goes to press in many instances.  Maybe we need to  go to an ON
TIME more affordable Quarterly issue....heck I don't know, just  throwing that
out.  But I DO know that we have shelved ads due to the  extremely high cost
per page, only allowing 2 photos per each, so a reasonable  progeny spread of
say six dogs with text is going to cost you BIG.  If you  go color , even
worse.  By the time the bill is paid, we still wait  two months to see
it.......and another two or three for those already outdated  ads to get to
everyone......not worth it.  Even the Memorials are so late  that people
forget.....must be
a better way. Other breeds manage it , why can't  we?
Not an attack on those running the Review, not at all, but surely they must
be open for ideas from other publications?  I would think that ENCOURAGING
ads by lowering prices, and maybe making group packages available would  help.
It doesn't seem to matter if want a 1/3 page or 12  pages.....its all the
same. No incentive for multiple pages..... so what is the  point.
Most can't afford it, no matter how many winning dogs they have.
IMVHO
Kathy

Home  of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
24 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO DATE

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: SEPT 9, 2005