[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Separate Long Coat Class

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

Good one Pauline.........I want whatever she is having.....LOL

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 6/20/2012 8:37:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

I have  be reading sometimes with amusement, sometimes with great
puzzlement, and some that actually make sense, the many posts  concerning
our Board
discussing the possibility of having a separate  class for long  coats...It
is
a fault though not a serious  one...having a separate class for  dogs that
have this fault is  beyond ludicrous!  My question is what kind of
Koolaide
have  our Board members been drinking to even consider this as an item  of
serious discussion... whatever it is they have been drinking, I would like
know as I have a couple of people I would like to use it on to  alter their
mind  set somewhat...Long coated GSDs are already allowed  in the
conformation
ring  along with the other imperfect GSDs with  other faults...Was the
Board
planning  on having one class for Coats  or the whole series of classes
like
the current  "regular"  classes...the more I think on this topic the
sillier
it  appears...but  I must bear in mind that I have not been drinking
anything of consequence today,  and I guess I would remedy that  SOON...If
we want
judges to appreciate the  coated GSDs who are  otherwise very good
representatives of the  breed....EDUCATION is the  answer AND for those of
us who have
stunning coated  GSDs show them  AS IS...and if enough are shown, than what
is
"rare and obvious"   will be treated as any other fault a judge might take
into   consideration when they are weighing the merits of  otherwise good
(not
perfect) representatives of the breed.  I will now find some Koolaide  to
mellow out on...
What would be really fun....for all the  specialty shows leading up to the
Nationals...everyone who has a  coated beauty..enter it and see what
happens!!!!  It would be  really interesting to see four or five coats in
the ring
at the same  time...certainly would put the judges on alert wouldn't  it?
One coat in the ring, they might ignore....four or five, they would   have
certainly take a serious look, don't you think?  No offense  to any  of my
judging friends...just tongue in cheek  meanderings...off to the "milk"
bar....

Pauline Moon  -  _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.