[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sensitive issue

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:05:59 EST

In a few days Twyla and I will turn 66. I know we have both thought about
our dogs, and what would happen if either of us died. However, we both know the

other person would be there to take care of our dogs as well as we did, and
also  go though our stuff to see if there is anything worth taking.

We don't need a stinkin will, or a written agreement.  Also, your  friends
know where to turn. I know the Coleman recently helped with dogs that  needed
placing, and I remember when Marsha Moses died, that we went to get her  old
bitch to bring home and how she become a house dog.  No one had to  arrange
that,
we just were happy to be there.

Folks, we are one big family here. There are over 1,000 people listening to
us just on this List, and in that group alone are people with hearts big
enough  with space for another dog to fill.  It seems to me that we find a way
go on when our great dog friends leave us.  I believe our dogs can adjust  to
our passing just as well.

Have faith in your family, by blood or by passion, we will be there.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com/_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 1/19/2008 7:52:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have  since made a decision on my own, when my last GSD is gone which will
likely be within 2 to 4 years, I will probably not get another GSD. I do
feel that it would be very difficult for me to be "dog less" for any  length
of time. I would need to consider something smaller so that placing  that dog
or dogs would be easier if  necessary.