[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Senior retired police dog in shelter

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 19:21:49 -0700

I have to wade in here....long time ago I dated a K9 cop, his dog Bero was
one of the toughest most decorated dogs on duty but at home, wouldn't even
raise his head to someone coming in the front door..lol....he was all about
the JOB.....He was retilred and the handler's insurance along with the
Orange County PD  , not named here, wanted a ONE MILLION DOLLAR rider on his
home insurance....he managed but they really don't get it...these are dogs
that are all about the JOB....and very well mannered.....if they are being
given up, it is the fault of the departments not the wishes of the handlers
and their families.
Kathy