[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sell to renters? SELL TO CHARACTER...or at least to a home. LOL

  • From: Karen <kmorrill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:26:15 -0400

About a month ago one of my puppy people is on her way to work. (She works at
my Mom's pet store)
Anyways, she sees this man sitting beside his tent under the overpass in our
crummy part of town. Beside him, a very skinny GSD puppy..
Angela feels bad for the dog and pulls over...she thinks he found a stray.
But nooooooooo...this man owned this dog...and he was from a local breeder. The
man tells Angela he had no dog food because he doesn't work or have a home.
Angela brings him 40lbs of Eaglepack later that day and tells the man to call
my Moms store when he needs more.
When my Mom got wind of this, she called the breeder...apparently the man had
been sold the dog on a payment plan and wasn't heard from since taking the pup.
When asked WHY the future welfare of this dog wasn't considered...the answer
was..."Well, he seemed nice."
I seriously wonder what is wrong with people sometimes...
I am not judging this man(dog owner) as I am unsure of what led him to being
homeless. I am however wondering what would possess a breeder to give a puppy
to someone without ensuring it's future welfare! I mean c'mon, how can you let
one of your babies go to a tent with no possibilty of eating? Uh Duh....

Sincerely, Karen
kmorrill@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://visualartgsd.homestead.com/home.html
Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you become.