[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sell to Renters?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:15:41 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2006 11:38:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In  general I lean towards no... but MIGHT consider it after a) seeing  the
lease and b) making darn sure they know that said pup comes back to me  if
they have to move and "can't take the dog".

Ginger Cleary, Rome,  GA

You know what?  I don't want the dog back.  While I agree  with Ginger, the
dog would HAVE to come back, and I'd keep it and do whatever  was necessary to
find a "forever" home, I don't want to be in a position where I  have to
shuffle a puppy, young adult or grown dog around, so while this may  sound
harsh, I
want the puppy to land in a forever home the FIRST time 'round  and in most
instances I would exclude renters.  I can think of an instance  where a family
sold their house, the new house was a month or so from being  finished and
they rented.  That worked.

I look for families or retired couples, someone home a great deal of the
day, with a fence, prior experience with GSDs or other large dogs a real
bonus.
There's no shortage of that type of home locally, so I'm not trying  to make
a less than ideal situation work.  You can still end up getting a  dog back if
someone's health fails, there is a divorce, loss of job/bankruptcy  but at
least I want everything to start good:)

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_