[ SHOWGSD-L ] Selects/Natinionsl site/Board, how about futurity judges requirements

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: Trahanone@xxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:11:40 EDT

I am happy to see that since the majority of the membership expressed their
views of wanting the 10 select rule lifted that the board rescinded the rule
and it is not back in the judges court.
What would it take for us to get the board to revisit the requirement for
futurity judges?
Right now one can qualify with AKC and judge dog shows awarding dogs points
toward their Championship with less requirement needed than if they want to
judge a futurity. Now why should that be. I think the match requirement should
be
lifted. It is very hard for someone to get matches or sweepstakes to judge.
Most specialty clubs are no longer doing matches since AKC does not require
them in order for us to get our shows approved.  You have many fine and good
breeders who may have bred selects, GV, GVX, many Champions etc but cannot get
the
match requirements fulfilled so they cannot judge a futurity. Folks they are
only awarded a ribbon and plaque here (no points) why do we make it so hard.
Do we really think them judging matches is going to make them more qualified to
find the best animal on that day? I think not. You either know the standard
and know how to apply it or you don't and if don't I don't care how many
matches you juges you will never find the best animals.

If you agree please lets let the board know just like you let them know about
the select limits and lets get this done soon.

MHO

Lee Brown