[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Selects

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORSuite@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:34:49 -0400

They don't have GV or GVX...those are assumed to be the Best of Breed
and Best Opposite, equal to what we have with out GV and GVX titles.
They don't have Select, they have Award of Merit.  No requirements for
obedience or other performance titles.  People who get an AOM are as
happy as our exhibitors are with the Select award.  Many clubs have
other awards that they give during the year, or at an annual
banquet..but not in the ring at the National Specialty.
    What the GSDCA has is fine..............and other than titles, it is
no different from other breeds.  All the efforts to make the National
like that of other breeds is spitting into the wind, because the awards,
no matter what you call them, are already the same.  We already have all
the same things, only we call them something different.
    If you call it stuffed cabbage and I call it halupky, is it the same
thing?  Yes.  Remember, a rose is a rose is a rose........
Peggy