[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Selects

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

Mr Migliore, I enjoy your posts, you have strong opinions based on what you
believe to be correct, you don't base your opinion on which way the wind is
blowing or who you think might be watching (you have forgotton more about this
breed than I will ever know)...I am the same way, although we disagree on a few
things relating to German Shepherd dogs and showing....from watching the board
meet last week I got the impression that these folks are very conscientious and
they truly want what is best for this club and our breed, they are never going
to make every one happy...as for the number of selects, I am not moved one way
or the other ( I usually have an opinion on everything), I think we make too
big a deal about selects ( perhaps if I had one I would change my
mind..lol)...its one man or woman's opinion at one dog show, nothing more, what
I really want to respond to is where you said you would be unhappy if the board
voted in favor of a persistent few......sometimes the coura
 ge of
 the voice of the persistent few is where necessary and important change comes
from, I consider myself as one of the voices of the persistent few, but Fred I
consider you one as well...Ed Hill
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx wrote: There are a few very very vocal people who do not like
the limits on
selects.
I for one think it's a good idea. The title of select should be held in high
esteem. Not tossed around like so much paper. But if the MAJORITY of the
membership wanted no limit I could live with that. I could not live with it if
few persistent people swayed the board.
Frederick Migliore

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original