[ SHOWGSD-L ] Select males

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:27:23 EST

OK, Iâ??m in the ring, and Dania is nowhere to be seen. So, I am not sure  what
is going to happen. I am in the third group with Oâ??Connor, and we are
outside, while he does the individuals.

Ken is doing the first group, and I have so much adrenaline going that I am
shaking too hard to type and will do the best I can.  Ken is doing the
individuals on the first group and there goes a crowd favorite with George it
is
Honky Honk Man.  He looks good this year. These individuals are not that
interesting, so I think I will just wait to see if Dania shows up.

I do want to make one cut, and then Oâ??Connor and I will be happy.  I  do
doubt I will do this again, but I want one last time in the national  ring.
So,
this is it.

I went in, I didnâ??t fall.  Next group.

I walked up and no one was typing so I thought I would (Tony  Szczuka).  Ken
is just finishing the fourth group (Evan was in the third  group), so I
didnâ??t
see any of it.  The fifth group is just coming into the  ring.  Itâ??s already
3:20pm and Ken still has three groups left after this  one!  I hope Ken isnâ??t
as tired as I am.  Letâ??s Roll is up  first.  Next is Harry Potter with Al
Martin (and they use the whole ring as  they around).  Next is Here Comes
Trouble
with Olivia followed by Heathbar  with Kristie Heiman.  Talimarâ??s Top Shelf
Tebe Nobe just went around with  Lori - nice pass with good applause.  Elite
Designâ??s Keno v Sybarite just  went around.  And last in this group is Lord
of
the Rings with Lenny  Brown.  Ken has his notebook out and jots a few final
notes.  They go  around one final time, and in comes the next group.

Patti Breault is sitting next to us.  She has her ankle wrapped and  proped
up on the speakers stage.  Even though she finished the Bitch class  and went
Select 8, she said she just couldnâ??t do males.

The sixth group comes in and goes around as a group.  And the first  dog
comes out for the individual - Bicardi Gold with Sean Conboy.  Next up  is Kent
Boyles with Antonio (Best in Maturity dog).  Following him is Only  In America.

Next was Kid Rock , then Jake with Mike Sherman, followed by  Trueman with
Reggie (Junior from Memphis).  Last in the group is Tiffany  showing Joe Boxer.

Ken has his notebook out and making notes.  One  final pass and on to the
next group.

The next group has come into the ring.  First up is Turbocharged with  Sean
Bragg followed by Bentley show by (Kevin Bednar?).  Then comes Thunder  Road. I
walked away and missed the next several dogs (Terry Hower with Nubian
Prince, Scott Yergin with Voodoo Drums, and Chateau Beaulieu).  And last in
this
group is High Voltage.  Once again, Ken pulls out his notebook, makes  a few
cryptic notes, has the group go around once more, and brings in the final
group.

The eighth and final group is now in the ring.  First up is Tim Trapp
showing Rollins from the Veteran Class.  Next is Anita Clouse showing The
Preacher
from the older Veteran Class.  Rogue, the Winners Dog just went  around to a
lot of applause.  Next is Rocka Mâ??Soul, the Conditional Class  dog, followed
by
Smokin Gun, a move-up from the Open Class, and the last dog is  Fire Storm
shown by Bill Tank (a special but for some reason waas at the end of  the
line).

There is a lot of milling around trying to figure out what is happening  next
- The judge left for a restroom break.  Evan came by, but he was too  nervous
to stay.  Itâ??s 4:30, and Ken hasnâ??t made any cuts yet.  After  the judging
is completed, we still have to do all the pictures.  The plan  was to do all
Bitch pictures before lunch, but since they were several hours  late already,
they decided to wait till the end for pictures.

Now the first group is going back in the ring.  Ken is keeping Honky  Tonk
Man and Tuff Enuf and the Big Red Dog and Ghost Buster.  The second  group is
coming in.  Ken keeps Harrison, Danny Boy, Samauri, Premium Blend,  and Kidd
Carson.  The third group is in. Ken keeps Late Night, Flying Solo,  Connor
(Evan
is ecstatic!), and Zillion Dollar Guy.  The fourth group just  came in.  But
before he made any cuts, Ken walked over to get a drink of  water.  Ken looks
like he could go all night, but he seems to be making his  cuts faster, so
hopefully, he wonâ??t go all night.  In the fourth group, Ken  keeps Law and
Order,
Purple Rain, Cargough and Tanqueray.

This is Lew typing and watching Evan in the ring who has manged to NOT fall
down, he is doing real well so far.

Next cut, Ken keeps Here Comes Trouble, top shlef Tebe Nobe, Keno, and Lord
of the Rings.  There are still many, many dogs in the ring, the night
looms......

Here comes Antonio, looking every bit the Grand Victor but watch out for
Rollins who was the Veteran dog, Carson, Honky Tonk Man, Harrison and a fww
others, there are some very nice males here.  It is 5pm.

Keepers in thelast group are Barcardi Gold, Antonio, Only in America and  Jake

George Berstler stopped to say hello, looking cool, acting cool and getting
ready to go back in soon.

Last group keepers are Voodo Drums (Tom Tom), Nubian Prince, High  Voltage.
Here comes the group with Rollins, he looks awesome.  Ken  keeps Rogue
(Winners Dog), Smokin Gun (Move Up) and Rollins (Veterans).   Lew left so Tony
is
back.  Ken takes a final look at the non-keeper  group.  Ken pulls out
Mechanical
Bull and excuses the rest.

Now comes the second round of cuts - Ken keeps Honky Tonk Man (lookin  good),
Tuff Enuf, Harrison, and The Big Red Dog from the first group.  Ken  keeps
Premium Blend, Samauri, qand Kidd Carson from the next group.  Ken is  moving
MUCH quicker for his cuts in dogs (either he knows what he wants, or he
realized he is several hours behind schedule).  From the next group, Ken  keeps
Zillion Dollar Guy, Purple Rain and Cargogh.  Evan got his wish and  made the
first
cut, but not the second.  From the next group, Ken keeps  Here Comes Trouble,
Bicardi Gold, Antonio, and Keno.  Ken is being very  decisive in his cuts,
but also refers back to notes from time to time. From the  next group, Ken
keeps
Jake and Voodoo Drums.  From the last group Ken keeps  Rollins, and Rogue.
One last look at the non-keeper group - Ken pulls out  Danny Boy and Top Shelf
and excused the rest.

EVAN BACK

I made the cut.  Evan bailed again & Tony is back.  There are  20 dogs left,
and Ken is looking at approx 1/3 of the class.  The pace has  really picked up
- for the first time you can really feel the excitement in the  air.  In this
class is Jerry, George, Jack, Liz, Art, Bart, Leslie.   Ken keeps Jerry,
George, Liz, Jack and Bart and the rest stand in the  corner.  The next group
comes in - Greg, Jeff, Lori, Kent, Olivia, Sean,  and ( ).  Ken is reviewing
his
notes, and keeps Greg, Jeff, Lori, Olivia,  and Kent.  The last group is up
with Mike, Scott, Tim, Alex, ( ) and  Lori.  Ken keeps Mike, Tim, Scott, and
(WD).  One last look at the  non-keeper group,

The keeper pile includes Samauri, Harrison, Tuff Enuf, Honky Tonk Man,
Premium Blend, Zillion Dollar Guy, Cargogh, Kidd Carson, Jake, Antonio, Here
Comes
Trouble, Voodoo Drums, Thunder Road, Rollins, Rogue.

He then looks at the first half of the keepers, and keeps Honky Tonk Man,
Tuff Enuf, Harrison, Samauri, Premium Blend; and sends Cargogh and Zillion
Dollar Guy to the corner.  He looks at the next group and keeps Voodoo  Drums,
Here Comes Trouble, Antonio, Jake, Rollins, Rogue (WD).  Cargogh and  Zillion
Dollar Guy are excused.

The crowd is really into it now - when Antonio went around there was so  much
applause / whistling, I couldnâ??t hear the person next to me.  And  whenever
Ken stops the action to look at them, you can hear a pin drop.   There are 12
dogs in the ring, and a very nice group it is.

EVAN

The crowd loves Antonio, and there is no mistaking that. Ken calmly walks
down the line, looking at each one in turn. Everyone is posed and he moves
Aameri to Third, and now he looks and looks and he has his hands folded,a nd
gives everyone a look, not in order, and he moves Premium Blend into  forth.
He
takes Rollins to fifth.  And now he is looking at Antonio,  and looks at his
front, and leaves it that way and says, take them around, and  there they go,
with Honky Tonk in front Tuff Enough and now he CALLS IT, AND  THAT IS THE WAY
IT IS.

GRAND VICTOR
HONKY TONK MAN
TUFF ENOUGH
SAMARI
PREMIUM  BLEND
ROLLINS
HARRISON
PURPLE RAIN
HERE COMES TROUBLE
ONLY IN  AMERICA
JAKE OF FRAN JO
VOO DOO DRUMS
KRIZMA

Most of this was done by Tony, it was exciting and a great job of judging
with fantastic males. What a day for Jane, Samari, Rolling and Harrison, as
well
 as the Grand Victrix.

No more to come.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together