[ SHOWGSD-L ] Select To GVX -THE JUDGE

  • From: "chsweetsun" <chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BARBMARKH@xxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:31:05 -0400

I really didn't want to get in on this, but the more I read, the more it gets
under my skin.
This should be the choice of the Judge as to how many dogs should be Select.
If there is beautiful sufficient quality in the ring, on that day, and he/she
sees 10 or 12 or whatever, even only 3, well we the MEMBERS have voted him/her
in and this being a club of members should allow THAT Judge to simply do that
...Judge the dogs.
Ruby is proof that a top quality animal can be found at Nationals level under
SEVERAL different Judges.  Her first time in the ring at age 7 mths she was 1st
in 6-9 Canadian National.  Second time in ring 1st 9-12 at US 2000 National.
She then was 2nd Am. Bred 2001 Nationals, #2 Select 2002 Nationals, and GVX
2003 Can. & US.  Yes, I feel any of the Selects on a different given day can be
GV or GVX.   Her Father, Aunt, & Cousins were Selects and GV's. Quality Begets
Quality.
WHY are we trying to fix something that ISN'T Broken?
Tari Kridler