[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Seeking help!

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 09:38:58 -0800 (PST)

Are you saying that people being interviewed for a magazine article should have
editorial oversight? That seems an odd way to handle  the "press". The Review
editor is a good editor/writer and would make certain the article was
appropriate without giving up the editor's rights.

If I know that the person had final control over the article, I would possibly
consider it as nothing other than a long ad, especially if the people are
currently breeding/showing.  I would like it to be treated like one normally
handles magazine articles. Gather the information and write a good, honest,
historically valuable article that would be informative and fact based. The
subject should trust the Review editor who has been doing a fine job. If not,
don't do the interview.

Yes, I would like to see the interviews - but I would want them done right.
Ruth