[ SHOWGSD-L ] Scientific Aspect of Movement

  • From: "juel" <juel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:03:05 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
I completely disagree with this statement.  I don't know if it is the  lister's
words or the article she mentioned, but comparing a dog's angle to the  length
of a lever to discredit "extreme" angles, is just off base.
Please re-read my post.
The angles are in reference to leverage, not balance.

In re-reading my post I do see where the word "balance" is misused in context
-- it was meant differently than what was implied.

{{You must match the balance of the length to get the strongest leverage
without being so long that the bar falls sideways in its instability.}}

What is meant here is that you must strive to achieve the length of leverage
that will produce the most power/leverage/thrust, without being so long that it
veers sideways or loses stability.
A scientific study of Anatomy and Physiology will prove to you that arms, legs,
etc and their functions are indeed LEVERAGE....how humans or animals walk or
move is based on scientific principles of leverage.......there's no
"misinterpreting" that...

Judy in MN (who can respectfully debate and agree to disagree *smile*)