[ SHOWGSD-L ] Science Diet Growth and Show Results

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:39:32 -0500

Science Diet Growth was THE premium puppy food.. It was about one step up
from Purina Puppy Chow (and lots of happy puppies ate that).. I remember as
a little girl, we did lots of litters of dal pups on SD Growth. We always
thought they did well, etc... I do remember very, very stinky poops and if
they got the runs.. UGH...  I can still smell it to this day - the bowls of
puppy food mixed with hot water, soaking on the kitchen counter...

Would I feed Science Diet now... HECK no!

One other food that came along was a food called Show Results. Does anyone
remember that... Late 70's/early 80's.. I remember it came UPS and we got it
in bulk.. Dogs did well on it until they changed the ingredients and
everyone broke out in hives...

>Yes, I also remember Gaines....we fed our Beagles that when I was growing
>up.  Funky red stools.  I remember when Science diet was the "premium" food
>to feed, but most show folks only fed the Growth as the rest was garbage.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls
We feed and recommend a raw diet!