[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Schutzhund USA writes letter of opposition

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <GSDCALegislative@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 21:29:47 -0500

no, we aren't fighting...but it did look a little scrappy there for a post
or two.  You are right...we all have to fight, not just locally but
everywhere we can...
   Just tonite one of my other lists had a post from someone who carried on
about fighting the LA bill...she could see nothing wrong with having
breeders licensed, because she thinks it will get rid of pit bulls and
puppymills.  This is the kind of mentality that gets us divided...which
means we are defeated before we begin.
She, like so many others, just doesn't believe this legislation will ever
have an impact on her or her breed...
   I had another email from someone in California who said the legislative
liaison to AKC for her all breed club doesn't want to write any letters or
take any action at all, since she is against puppy mills.  Why anyone would
take a position as a legislative anything and not understand what we are
facing is beyond me...unfortunately, both those women (who wrote) haven't
"got it" yet, and probably won't until the dog police come knocking at their
      We can't be jealous, we can't argue, and we can't jockey around for
position...we have too much to lose.
Peggy