[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Scared of raw

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:17:12 -0500

Mo,
My very first dog, when I was 7yrs old, died from a rib bone.? My Mom was
already a raw feeder (horsemeat and don't get me started on that)? She
blanched?some ribs then stripped them for her recipe.? Gave the dog a blanched
rib bone.? It perforated his lung and he was dead when we woke up the next
morning.? This should not have killed him, but it did.? I am very careful
to?feed my dogs soft raw bones.? I like turkey/chicken necks the best.? But, I
have found raw chicken ribs, backs and wings are all soft and don't splinter.?
Pork and lamb necks are also good.??My normal feedings are ground meat and bone
mixes.? But, they do love the raw, chewy meaty bones and I give them at least 3
times a week.? Not a prey diet and not what all the "experts" say.? But, it
works for me and my dogs and that is my point.??

If you want to include some raw in your dog's diet, find chicken or turkey
necks.? They are all cartiledge, can't splinter and provide the?perfect
calcium, VitD and magnesium percentages.??

Laura???????