[ SHOWGSD-L ] Scaling teeth

  • From: Tigra12@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 01:03:00 EDT

*Sigh* Alright, I finally got my new dog.  I love him to death.  He's
gorgeous he's sweet, and while his temperament is nice,  he's more shy than I
like (I
prefer a much much harder dog), but I do suppose I can deal with that.
Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, his teeth are scuzzy.  They need
to be scaled.  I've never scaled a dog's teeth in my life, but I'm not about
to pay the vet to do it.  This will be the first and ONLY time I ever scale
Zander's teeth, because after that, he'll be getting raw bones, just like
everybody else to keep his currently dun browns pearly white.

What I want to know is, aside from a tooth scaler and perhaps some diluted
hydrogen peroxide, what do I need to clean his teeth.  Also, is there any way
soften the gunk on his teeth so it'll come off easier?

Thanks in advance.

 - Jackie