[ SHOWGSD-L ] Saturday in my favorite City by the Bay

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:04:48 GMT

Today, at the San Mateo Kennel Club, Inc., in Vallejo, CA.,  with a 4 point
major in dogs and a 3 point major in bitches, Harley went Best of Breed over 3
other Specials.  The judge was Mrs. Sheila Polk.
Harley's handler, JR Alcantara, had family business this afternoon in Southern
California, so, we weren't able to show in Group.

Gale Taylor, her dog, Debon, my Chihuahua, Charlotte-Jo Cassidy-Cooke, Harley,
and I took advantage of the afternoon off to visit Marin County and my most
favorite city in the world, San Francisco.  Harley decided to try swimming in
the Bay.  I walked him down to the water, thinking he would just sniff around
and maybe taste the salt water, but, I had forgotten how I had trained him to
water trough-cool-offs while working sheep in the hot Southern California
Desert!!  He walked into the Bay, turned around, and collapsed into the water!!
 There was my handsome well-groomed dog, smiling up at me like he had just
performed a perfect cool-down exercise!!    We then drove down to Fisherman's
Wharf and had a wonderful lunch in a restaurant overlooking Alcatraz.  Was a
wonderful afternoon.  Later, we returned to the show site to give Harley a
desalinizing bath.
We are back at our hotel room now, ready to get a good night's sleep before the
last day of the "Spring Days in Solano 2010 Cluster" and the long drive home.
My boss told me that if we get out of here late tomorrow, it was ok if I took
Monday off!!   What a guy, eh??

These Northern California clubs sure know how to pick judges and put on super
shows!!!  :-)  :-)  This weekend has been my best in almost 40 years of dog
shows!!  What a ride.  Thanks to all of Harley's supporters, fans, and
congratulators; thanks to Harley's co-owners, the Sedgewick's and the
Ginsburg's; thanks to Harley's handler/manager, JR, and thanks to Harley's
original trainer and handler, the lady who recognized his quality and promise
as a very young dog, and started him out to become the great dog we see today,
Michelle Cassidy.  You people will always be so very special to this old lady!!
 :-)  :-)

Paula, 198 days and counting
Home of Best in Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual Title Award Recipient,
AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v
Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA (Hips, Elbows, & Heart)

Senior Assisted Living
Put your loved ones in good hands with quality senior assisted living. Click
now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cp=LTTtK5FACA-tKTzNBuKnrAAAJ1GelRymJ9x4HjViBUg-o6cOAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASUQAAAAA=