[ SHOWGSD-L ] Saturday in Lompoc, CA

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 03:39:46 GMT

Judge: Mr. James R. White
1 dog, 2 bitches, 2 male Specials
I will not guarantee my markings at this show, but, they can't be too far off
and I do guarantee Harley's results!  Judging was way too early in the morning,
I was quite distracted, as well as suffering from my usual showtime jitters,
and tried to pay attention and mark my catalog.
WD and BOW - I think, Sam Israel's homebred 9-12 pup, Canaan's I'm Your Man
WB and BOS - I think, Mike Goodwin's and J.R. Alcantara's Canta-Stone Rydge Lil
Kim
RWB - I think, Susan Clark's Debrut N Klimik's Daisy Cutter, PT
Best of Breed - Harley
Select Dog - Janis Calkins', Gloria Birch's, Cappy Pottle's, and Maryanne Cox'
Covy Tucker Hill's Kean Marc Flash Drive

Harley went on to a nice Group IV under judge Mrs. Lee Canalizo, who hugged him
at photo time and said she needed a GSD "fix".  She misses her dog at
home.....a GSD, of course!!

It was cooler than I expected, just getting home from steamy hot Texas!
Luckily I had an old sweatshirt jacket in the car.  Lompoc is a really nice
little coastal community, way off the beaten path.  They had hound specialties
this week and I have never seen so many of them in one place!!   I got to meet
and chat with Mike Goodwin.  We had never met in person, though we have
e-mailed back and forth.  Also chatted a bit with Theresa Royer, always a total
class act!  We had mischievous fun in NYC at Westminster and I always enjoy
seeing her.

Paula, 59 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, International & American
Champion, Bronze Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v Plamark, HT, PT, CGC,
TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st male German
Shepherd Dog Grand Champion, Lifetime #1 GSD in California & Michigan (AKC
Stats as of 6/16/11), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee.