[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Saturday Riverside /Friday night at the fights!

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:07:30 -0400

Evan writes:
<<<  Just two very passionate people expressing themselves.
Also, it was not during the show, was not actually on the show
grounds,
(although at the motel).  No complaint was filed, and none needed to
be. I  was
laughing with one of the parties on Sunday, and it is not a big
deal.   It is
interesting to see how people react to situations, and this is a
non-event.
It was just something often referred to as a urination  competition.

****  I'm just a newbie, but please humor me and read this post.
****

Evan, Perhaps to you and the two parties involved in the "urination
competition" it was a non-event, but if I, a newbie, had witnessed
this behavior, I would have been disgusted and wondered why the heck
should I associate with these people?  (By associate, I mean be
involved in a common activity.)

As an older newbie, this event would not have caused me to drop out
of the "game," but I know of several younger newbies who would have
thrown up their hands in disgust and walked away from the sport.  At
times, the behavior of certain individuals, posting to the List, has
been enough to discourage newbies.  Given this fact, the altercation
*does* take on significance.  Last I heard, the fancy can't afford
to lose "new blood." You guys aren't getting any younger you know,
so you better start considering how your actions may affect the
neophytes in the breed.

Yes, it may have been just two very passionate people expressing
themselves, but there is a time and a place to express oneself in
this manner, and the host hotel grounds was *not* a place to do so.
I would have been equally disgusted to witness this "non-event" had
it occurred in a fast food restaurant.

The bottom line is the instigating person showed a remarkable lack
of decorum by starting a "urination competition" in a public place.
Period.  The fact that he is a judge and a *Board Member* does
indeed make the altercation all the more offensive.  I know I'll
think twice about showing under this judge or, as a member of the
GSDCA, voting for him should he run for office in the future.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to read my post.

Paulette McGuirt
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam