[ SHOWGSD-L ] Santa Maria/San Luis Bay GSDC

  • From: "Kathy Potter" <tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:11:32 -0600

What great shows these are. The grounds are grassy, the rings large and
the
club members and hospitality shown couldn't be better. Of particular
note is
the 'Soiree' held after the show. It's awesome with great food and
drink, good
friends and great hosts. Thanks Cindy & Bev for a super time. Its worth
going
to these shows just for this party :-)

Special thanks to Kathy & Mike Gray. Not only did they 'haul' me around
but
Mike was Show Chairman, Photographer extraordinaire (that's an inside
story)
and all around good guy. I had a super ring steward, Bev Peck who kept
things
moving and organized. The entry wasn't huge but it was good (it managed
to hold
4 points).

Winner's Dog: Paladin Dream Boat NCP. This is a handsome, medium sized
sable dog with great temperament, attitude and carriage. He is balanced,
masculine, clean coming and going. Excellent back and topline -
beautiful over
the top.

Winner's Bitch: Eclipse's Rachel Carson. A very correct, feminine gal
who I
understand finished her championship that day. She is clean coming and
going,
excellent back. She just never put a foot down wrong.

Best of Breed: CH. Jagan's Happyanunoit. Wow!! There aren't enough
superlatives
to describe this bitch. She overtly shows super temperament, is proper
in size,
gorgeous in type, extreme is movement. What a star.

Best of Opposite Sex: CH. Castlehill-Mitterhaun Tuff Enuf. A really
sound dog who
exudes masculinity. He has very good movement, temperament and is an
overall
good representative.

Best Puppy (and Reserve Winner's Bitch): Hickoryhill's Westy's Sassy
Boheim.
All 4 of my puppy winners were really excellent. But this puppy - from
the moment
she entered the ring in a class of 1 took my heart. She pushed the
winner's
bitch very hard. I predict we will hear more from this girl. If I could
have I would
have taken this one home!

Kathy Potter