[ SHOWGSD-L ] San Antonio's revised pet ordinances!!!

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:03:02 -0400

shared by Peggy

From: Responsible Pet Owners Alliance rpoa@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rpoa@xxxxxxxxx>

It takes just a second to send an email to the San Antonio Convention and
Tourist Bureau, so please voice your opposition to the revisions to San
Antonio's pet ordinances.  Like the recent battle in California, this mess is
rearing its ugly head in Texas, and if the dog fancy doesn't pull its act
together to oppose this kind of thing, we are all doomed to live in a world run
by animal rights fanatics.  Please go to the RPOA website to learn more about
the situation!!

A video on YouTube opposing the San Antonio, TX, Chapter 5 Animal Ordinance
Revision is making the rounds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywRROyFwjU<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mywRROyFwjU>,
 or http://tinyurl.com/35w3bx<http://tinyurl.com/35w3bx>

Responsible Pet Owners Alliance needs the help of everyone who has ever visited
or plans to visit San Antonio, Texas, as a tourist, sports fan, participant in
dog shows (conformation, breed or performance events), participant in cat shows
or any other event held in San Antonio.

Please contact the San Antonio Convention and Tourist Bureau (below) and tell
them if the proposed revisions to San Antonio's Chapter 5 Animal Ordinance
pass, you will no longer visit San Antonio because you travel with your animals
and won't consider the city to be "pet friendly" anymore.  You could say:

1) I will no longer participate in nor attend any animal events in the city,
such as the River City Cluster of Dog Shows, Alamo City Cluster of Dog Shows
and the Alamo City Cat Club Show or will refrain from spending any money within
the city limits to do so.

2) I will not vacation in San Antonio with my pets.

3) I do not wish to spend money in any city that discourages pet ownership and
has no understanding of the human/animal bond.

4) I will consider San Antonio a hostile environment, angry at anyone who owns
or breeds animals.

5) San Antonio will join the ranks of Los Angeles, CA; Denver, CO, and other
anti-pet cities in the US.

Send to:
Scott White, Executive Director
Convention & Visitors Bureau
203 S St. Mary's
San Antonio, TX 78205

FAX: (210) 207-6768
EMAIL: Yvette.orozco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<about:blank>

Also "cc" a copy to:
Mayor Phil Hardberger
FAX: (210) 207-4168
EMAIL: mayorphilhardberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<about:blank>

For more information about this ordinance proposal, visit our web site:
www.responsiblepetowners.org<http://www.responsiblepetowners.org/> and click on
the "Action Alert!."