[ SHOWGSD-L ] San Antonio's 5 Year Plan Passed By City Council

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:14:46 -0700

----- > I think a better place to start would be by enforcing the laws that
> are already on the books.  It sounds like the issues are already
> addressed by existing laws - lack of enforcement is the problem!
> Janice

Consider that the IRS codes alone account for several tons of paperwork. Add
to that the codes of every Washington Bureau, agency and department and you
have enough paper to keep the earth heated through the next ice age. Then
there are the State statutes, county ordinances, city laws and..... It's
just abut impossible to start breathing in the morning without violating
something.

I was doing a orientation class for incoming freshmen at the college I
worked at years ago and I was making a list of the college rules. When I got
to #15 and young fellow in the back of the room raised his hand. Thinking he
did not understand something I acknowledged him and he asked, "How come God
only had 10 and your already up to 15?"
Everyone laughed, I just threw my chalk down and told them if they'd keep
the 10 we'd do away with the rest.

Teachers can learn from students.
Dave