[ SHOWGSD-L ] San Antonio(long)

  • From: "E.G. Baker" <shadowbrooktx@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "show shepherd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:04:15 -0500

 I have read most of the sad posts about our show & I guess the sky IS
Falling!!
Not in  San Antonio, however. We have about 50 members of which only 5 or 6
families are active in conformation (maybe that is the positive). I'd say we
probably have more money in the bank than the Majority of Shepherd Regional
Clubs. This is thanks to a couple of present & past Members' efforts & keeping
track of our present operational costs. We did have SOLID 4 point Shows both
days. I think the winners for our Fut/Mat
will represent us very well at the National. They are Quality Animals.
                  In the past few years we have had judges like Dave Rinke,
Rita Sandell, Lew Bunch,
Joe Bihari, Nancy Harper, Jamie Walker, will have Ed Barritt & Fred Migliore
next year,
unless all this negative stuff about us scares them away. Why Jack Newton & Bob
Kish
would not be considered good judges is beyond me. I admire & respect both men
immensely. We should all have half the success of either man & our Breed would
be much the better. Their Judging was about as close as it could have been. Bo
also did an admirable job & fond the Good Ones. She did not put up with
Temperament problems.
We either want a judge who does what she did on a couple of occasions, even
knowing the entries were low, or we lessen that Trait in our Breed. Thank You
Bo!!!
 This is longer than I meant, but to all of you who came THANK YOU !! I hope
you will come back again WE did enjoy Having You.
Gene Baker
V/P GSDCSA
*********Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com