[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Same National problems..

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ruth Scheubler" <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:01:04 -0800

I'm merely addressing the question as to why the Canadian National is
successful
in one location year after year from my perspective of getting there with a big
dog
in a  # 500 crate from the West Coast.
Our experience attending the Canadian National  in Eastern Canada  was that it
was as easy for us to fly from the West Coast with a  # 500 crate then, as it
will be
for us to get  to Beaumont, Texas now.....possibly easier.
Hopefully we don't ever have to go to just ONE location here in the
U.S......but we
need to be open  to the possibility of two or three permanent sites that can be
driven
to by at least half to 2/3 of the Country and a major hub airport for the other
half or 1/3
each year.    Times and airlines have changed.
Our Clubs used to be a lot larger for workers, and we didn't have the huge
venues
of Herding, Rally, etc.    But mainly the airlines are making that decision for
us as it
continues to narrow the field more and more......they ALL  'bump'  dogs
randomly now
if a customer comes on and needs the Cargo space for their excess
baggage....they
have weather restrictions, size restrictions, smaller aircraft for connecting
flights, and
some airlines we used to rely on no longer take dogs or have huge price
increases.
This is not a "UTAH PROBLEM".......it is an AIRLINE problem!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com