[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Same Bat time, Same Bat channel...long

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Doris E" <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:15:17 -0600

Doris, Rotation probably is or was the fairest, in the day when air travel
was a piece of cake. However it is not a piece of cake anymore.  I like
Perry,. I liked Ft. Collins, I liked N. Carolina and other sites as well.
The reason airlines can't accommodate is multi faceted, however doesn't
matter what the reasons are, bottom line is each year that rolls by we will
find that they are less and less able to meet our shipping needs. So
although rotating is fair, you have to think of the logistics of it all,
which is how to serve the greatest number of people, keeping things
exhibitor friendly, finding a facility that can meet our needs that is not
too cost prohibitive, and stick with these site. Each year we seem to be
site selecting, I just see it as reinventing the wheel, over and over
again. I would think it would be less of a burden for those who are
involved in site selection to have a couple of sites to rotate with. You
get used to dealing with the hotels, the local officials, are familiar with
the site, the exhibitors know the area and can prepare accordingly. a few
phone calls to solidify things and perhaps a visitation to ensure no
changes have occurred that we need to know about would suffice. The board
could possibly alternate meetings between each permanent site.Just a
thought. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>; <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; freelist
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2/11/2008 10:45:59 AM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Same Bat time, Same Bat channel...long
>
> hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Then perhaps we should find a permanent site that can accommodate all our
> >events in the Detroit area????? Just a thought. Christine
> >
> >hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Steve and Christine Grainger
> >WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM
> >
> >*Probably we could offer a similar site in Northern Nevada,so it is
difficult to pick and choose an ideal National site.  My personal favorite
is Perry, GA, though it is the one that is most distant for me. I guess we
have lost access there as we do not book far ahead. The rotating site
method is, in my opinion, the way that is fairest to the most people.
Doris E*