[ SHOWGSD-L ] Same Bat time, Same Bat channel...long

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:34:33 -0800 (PST)

....When I was in the Fourth grade the Bat Man TV show was a favorite of
mine...at the end of the show the announcer would say..." tune in next time at
the same Bat time and the same Bat channel"......I am breaking one of my three
list rules, the one about not discussing National locations in public....I have
been trying three weeks to ship a dog to a location in the Midwest....either
there are no planes that will take a 500 crate, or the weather is bad or the
connections times are horrible etc etc....then today I few to Utah to pick up
three puppies...well when I showed up at the airport Delta informed me that the
price of flying WITH your pet as excess baggage went up....WAY UP...it used to
cost 75 bucks, now its 150 bucks...one way per dog!...now when I booked the
fare last Dec. the lady told me it was $75....I also heard that Delta was about
to merge with Northwestern, so it's my guess that they too will charge the same
outrageous fare...well I lost my temper in Utah at
 the airport on a different shipping issue, I think I sort of upset (
embarrassed) lister Connie Malo with my outburst...but enough is enough....when
I ran for the board a few years ago I was very outspoken about our National
being at the Same place at the same time EVERY YEAR ( hello Canada)...thanks
again for defeating me, however I still maintain that one day when no one can
fly to the 2045 National in "Funtime Virginia".. because of some of the
problems I mentioned above...I won't be here to say I told you so, oh yeah when
I got to Utah this morning Connie told me she was all set to ship a puppy to
Columbus when the airport called and told her that the dog was being bumped
because they would not be able to accommodate the puppy...the writing is on the
wall folks, whether you want to read it or not...I am still no mail for another
4 weeks until my spring break.....letting off steam in beautiful Brentwood
Calif.......I should never travel without my meds.....lol....FB