[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad news from Canada

  • From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:44:44 GMT

It is only January 21st and three of my dear, old friends have left us this
year of 2009.

Jack LaPresta, Jan Coleman, and now John Fabian.

I am getting too old; all I seem to do anymore is to say good-bye.
Please, all of you, take care of yourselves; you are all treasured, more than
you know.

Paula, 264 days and counting

From: Sbarrbellisle@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:00:38 EST
Subject: Sad news from Canada

It is with the heaviest of hearts we let you know of the passing of Handler
& renowned Judge John Fabian.   John passed away at 10 p.m. last  night of a
cerebral hemorrhage, on his 85th birthday.   Arrangments  have not yet been
made and we will keep you posted as we learn  more.   John was never seen
without
his loving wife Margaret  or his dog Mackey by his side.  On a personal note
I was fortunate to know  them through my best friend Cheryl Olson.   John gave
me some great  pointers on handling GSD's, never tired telling me about the
"old days" and I  never tired of listening to the stories.  We shared a bond in
our Hungarian  Heritage and often talked about our families from past
generations and laughed  as he tried to teach me different languages.   John I
will
miss you  greatly as will others who knew you.

Your little Hungarian friend, Sue Barr & Cheryl  Olson