[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sad day with Keith Hitt's passing

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:37:53 EST

It was sad to see Keith at the National simply because he had deterioted so
much since he came to our house 8 months ago to pick up a Storm puppy.  It was
quite amazing to see him drive out here (Connecticut) last March with his
friend Ken Cunningham, when he was so sick.  He obviously was optimistic about
his
future and he wasn't about to let this thing get him down.  He took home a
solid black Storm daughter who was somewhat extreme, and we always hoped to see
her in the ring someday.  Now she is a house dog with one of Kieth's friends
and you can't feel bad for her.
Keith was a very strong willed person and it must have been very discouraging
for him not to be beating his cancer.  We talked at the National and he met
our Storm son, Casey, the brother to his bitch.  I am glad we had the chance to
talk with him this one last time and pray that he is resting in peace with
all the other dog folks we have lost over the years.

Our condolances to his family and friends.

John and Nancy Vaught
Masstana German Shepherds