[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad and Sadder

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: mblancovargas@xxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:54:00 EST

In a message dated 11/30/2004 2:12:26 PM Central Standard Time,
mblancovargas@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am new to the show dog world and I'm not taking anyones side I stay
neutral!! But, I went to my first show with my 7 mon. old bitch and was very
nervous
and had know idea of what to expect and when my puppy went into the ring NO
ONE clapped for her and even after she won still no one clapped !! But , you
know what , I was still very proud of her and so thrilled to have had her win
at
her first show I didn't even care that no one clapped. I was just greatful to
be there!!!!!!!

     misty blancovargas
That is sad, but congratulations, you didn't need the clapping after all.
I am surprised to see the looks of amazement when I clap for dogs at the all
breeds.
I guess that is only reserved for the group ring.  Well, since clapping is
not against the rules, I go on clapping.  And why isn't every one clapping
along?  They are afraid to let the judge think they are trying to influence,
they
don't know dogs, or their dogs is not in that class?  BS....I say clap away,
specially if you don't have a dog in the ring....LOL
Now, if there are a bunch of crappy dogs, I go watch the other breeds <G>

Ileana