[ SHOWGSD-L ] Sad News Leah/Sampson "little" boy

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I just thought I would let everyone know our "little" boy
passed away in his sleep today.  Today he would have been 6
weeks old.  He has always been "behind" but I took it as
being young, and sickly when he was first born.  He was the
only "sick" pup that survived when Leah's pups started
dying off due to her infection.  Thankfully though we did
have 6 of the 11 that never were afeected.  Yelllow was
just starting" to grow, and play this past week.  He was at
2 lbs. which is VERY tiny for a 6 week old pup but from
where he started (7 oz.) he was huge for him.  It seems as
though  he probably was never fully developed, and dying in
his sleep was the peaceful way to go.  We are very sad to
say the least.  My daughter is taking this the hardest
since in Leah's last litter we had a "little" girl,a nd she
survived and grew up to be a healthy adult.   We had the
same hopes with him, and my daughter loved and cared for
him so much.  But it looks like it was not meant to be.

On the good side his littermates who were never affected by
Leah's infection, all are doing well.  We still have 4
boys, 2 girls and all are running and playing so I think
this is the last of our saddness.  I hope evryone is doing
well.

Ann Marie
www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html

http://mail.yahoo.com